Professional learning implies an internal process in which individuals create professional knowledge through interaction with information in a way that challenges previous assumptions and creates new meanings.
Galileo collaborates with leaders in each school division to develop plans for the ways in which building the capacity of individuals enhances and extends system-wide school improvement implementation. Our focus is on assisting teachers and principals design and implement 21st century inquiry-based approaches to teaching and leadership. Improving competencies in 21st century pedagogies is a complex process that requires long-term commitment and support for meaningful school improvement.
Galileo has developed strategies and expertise for on-going, job-embedded professional learning for educators that is informed by, and informs, the most current research. Galileo has proven ability to:
- impact student learning through high quality mentoring relationships with teachers and instructional leaders
- turn professional learning into professional practice
- strengthen professional learning cultures within schools and across school divisions through professional learning opportunities and support for learning leaders and administrators
- support teachers to find and use quality resources in the classroom
- maximize the effectiveness of personalized, responsive onsite and online classroom-based mentorship
- demonstrate evidence of teacher and student learning, and
- use this evidence to guide next steps.